Private Coaching for August SAT/ACT exams is full. Registration for Oct, Nov, Dec exams is now open. Limited spots available. Click here to schedule consult.
Langley Prep offers private SAT/ACT virtual coaching with a customized approach to achieve the maximum score improvement possible. This program is only recommended for highly motivated juniors and seniors looking to maximize their scores.
Please note that students must have completed their sophomore year in order to participate in the SAT/ACT virtual coaching program.
- Exclusive focus on private 1-on-1 coaching
- Score increases are 6-7x higher than traditional test prep
- Langley Prep students not only learn test prep strategies, but also additional techniques related to maximizing their score: Study Techniques, Speed Reading, Time Management, Confidence Building, Nutrition, Sleep, Meditation/Positive Visualization
- A game plan is created to determine which exam (SAT vs. ACT) and exam dates are optimal for the specific student
- A customized curriculum is created for each student, based on diagnostic test scores, strengths/weaknesses. Statistical data analysis is used to determine areas of focus
Students should sign up for 2 exam dates for the following reasons:
- Most students take the SAT/ACT multiple times
- The majority of students improve their scores from the first to the second exam
- The Super Scoring admission policies of many colleges/universities
All homework will be assigned on the student’s calendar so there is no confusion. Students will also be required to take an average 3-4 practice exams before sitting for the real exam. Students take these exams themselves on non-session days (preferably on Sat/Sun mornings).
All sessions are virtual and last 60 minutes. There are normally 2 sessions per week, and the total number of sessions depends on the individual student's situations (PSAT scores, timing, goals, etc...). Most students use an average of about 15 sessions.
In terms of scheduling, sessions are staggered around the 2 exam dates. This ensures students do not get rusty between the first and second exams. The majority of the sessions will be scheduled before the first exam. It takes 2-3 weeks from the test date for students to receive their scores. The remaining sessions will be used to identify key areas to improve from the first to the second exam.